Thursday, May 8, 2008

stuffed to the gills

late lunch of a huge Jersey Mike's roast beef sub due to boss taking his lunch first, waiting in line for gas, waiting in line for stamps...thank God there was no line for the sandwich.

So I frequent this particular post office on a regular basis being that it's near my work and that's mainly why I go in. This place is always always very busy but yet every time you go in there is only one or two people working. It is on rare occasion that three people have a window open. What irks me is hearing people complaining while standing in line about why it takes so long. Unfortunately I have complained myself but to my boss in our office...NOT loudly while standing in line for the postal workers to hear. What these "customers" do not understand is that these people working the front line have no control over how many people work the front line...it's management that makes these people stand there for almost 12 hours straight and work, dealing with these people that want to complain. I don't know what they are paid but it's probably not enough. Anyone in customer service will probably sound out with an AMEN on that one. Matter of fact a gentleman said in line today that customer service should be paid on a numerical based system...such as you served x number of people today then you get paid x number of dollars per person and that he believed that that is what would make things more efficient and speedy. I looked at him and said no you wouldn't want to do that. Because then customer service would go right out the window...those working that format would bust a hump with no care at all as to your issue or relevancy. shove shove shove let's go let's go I gotta quota to attain here!!!

But see the bad thing about customer service now a days...is..noone cares anymore. On either side of the counter!! get me???

1 comment:

Miss Mandy said...

Nice to see you join the blog world. Enjoy the summit stream